Voting

Saturday, September 01, 2007

100th Post - A Long-Weekend Mishmash

This morning, as I crawled out of bed late, I realized that my summer was over. I taught 3 days at my inner-city high school and I am tired. I'm trying to wrap my head around how to cook in a very old facility with some pretty wild kidlets. I'm also trying to remember how to do improper/mixed fractions and long division. (Man, I suck at long division).
I love being back to work. I love learning new things and conquering new challenges. I love hanging out with kids. They keep me on my toes! I have no idea how long this subbing gig will go. Hopefully, I'll be able to wrangle a contract out of the School Division (cross fingers ... they are difficult about these sorts of things).
Trevor's off on a long weekend trip with his little brother and dad. They're back-packing through Yoho National Park. I'm a little jealous of his adventure but, I'm also really excited for him. Right now, he should be scrambling some mountain. :) It's weird to have all this time at home without him. I've rented some movies that I know he would never want to watch. Our moms have also taken it upon themselves to make sure I don't have many meals alone. My biggest problem is sleeping. I am startled awake every 3-4 hours wondering where Trevor is. I miss him lots!
This is my 100th post on this blog. I've always been a little curious about who reads this blog besides the lovely Jen, amazing Amanda F., sweet Sue and the notorious Edward. Please de-lurk. I've taken off my anti-anonymous post security just for this blog. Tell me who you are. Thanks!

14 comments:

Jen said...

Yup, I'm here! ;)

It is always weird to have time alone in the house. I'm the same way at bed time- I can't fall asleep as well without someone to use as a human body pillow.

Enjoy your time!

Janelle said...

i read it all the time!! :)

hope you are enjoying your time alone! i always have trouble sleeping when Rodney's on nites, but i sure don't mind the evenings to myself sometimes!!

Lindsay said...

Well I'm reading still, I rarely update my own, but I read. Glad to hear you got a little something for the beginning of the school year. My fingers are crossed for something a little more permanant!

Michelle said...

I read your blog too Jill. Haven't missed a post. Paul travels a lot. And I mean a lot. I LOVE having the bed to myself but I would much rather have him home. You'll manage. Enjoy your time.

NotsNotes said...

I confess! I read it too, but I'm a little lazy, I get it by RSS feed, so I have all the blogs I read come in one lovely program (well, not the ones that have gone private due to people having kidlets!). I love hearing about the things you and Trev are doing and going through. You guys were married two weeks before James and I, so it's nice to read what life is like for you guys. Keep it up! And say hi to Trev!

Amanda Franks said...

I'm here too! It's so fun to reconnect, even though only through blogland. I love having the bed to myself, but I find I procrastinate going to bed forever if Nick's not home! Hope Trev had a great trip!

crazy mom said...

I'm here girl. It's good to have a way to keep up with eachother and our busy schedules.

Anonymous said...

You know I read your blog every day. Thanks to you I got hooked on blogging this summer! A new hobby...now only if I was brave enough to make my own...
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Ah, to be called notorious is so refreshing. There is no longer disent against my regime left in teh school. I get bored of hearing "Praise to our glorious leader" Just in case Vanessa doesn't de-lurk, she also reads here too
-Edward

rhoda said...

i've been too busy to post on my own blog lately, but i have a number of blogs i check everyday and yours is one of them!

Anonymous said...

I am reading too, glad to see married life is treating you well. I have no doubt a permanet Job will come up for you, you have the energy and the drive to be a perfect teacher.

Anonymous said...

Delurking here! I check in and appreciate the great comments you leave on my blog. :)

Susie said...

I check you out from time to time through Jen's blog. I always find other lives facinating and sometimes have too much time on my hands....

classic kim said...

not so much de-lurking, but know that i still check in often to see what you're up to! im happy to hear that you got that gig at least for a bit for work!