Voting

Monday, September 17, 2007

An abrupt change...

Last Wednesday, I sent in my resume to a division outside the city. I had an interview on Friday and this morning, I found out I have the job.
So, I'm leavin' the hood and heading to Bedroom Community. Today, during Foods, one of my students was hauled out of the classroom and arrested for auto theft. The police cuffed him right in the hall. We could hear everything. I guess I'll have a little culture shock again. I doubt that will happen in Bedroom Community.
I'm taking on a different kind of teaching job. I'll be working with Student Services and I will be providing guidance to teachers. I really have no idea what that means yet. I'm still excited that they think I have the ability to help troubled students.
I'm taking a few days off first. I need to get things sorted out for Grandpa's Eulogy and powerpoint. I need some time breathe and process all the changes in my world. The loss of Grandpa hits me at weird times. I cry a lot right now. It was kind of strange to say good-bye to my hood school when I was so upset over Grandpa. It felt kind of unreal.
Well, this job is an answer to prayer. I'm excited to go back to where I interned. I'm excited to be challenged in my professional development. I'm excited to teach in an academic setting again and in my subject areas.
I just need to get through the next couple of days and get my feet wet and Bedroom Community school and I'll be back into the swing of things.

5 comments:

Marla said...

hey jill. i'm so sorry to hear about your grampa. i remember how close you guys were. we'll be praying for you and your fam.

oh and congrats on the new job. sounds like you're on with a really different adventure. everyone will love you, i'm sure you'll do great.

Amanda Franks said...

Congrats on a new job, once again a challenge I'm sure you'll handle like a rock star!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's really exciting! What kind of contract is it?

We're happy for you.

Laurie and Del

Risk Club Guy said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandpa, I can't imagine what it would be like to lose someone so close to you. I'm glad you got a full-time job, and how shocking that one of your students could be haulked out of class and arrested! I must live a sheltered life here, the idea of such a thing has never crossed my mind!

Jen said...

Congrats Jill! Really exciting news. :)


So sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandpa.