
Jill, a 19 year old counselor, Tyler, a 16 year old wrangler and Christopher, a 10 year old staff kid are sitting on a hill on a starry summer's night. We're waiting for the campers to come and play Mission Impossible (a great game where staff gets to torment kids with flashlights). We love just sitting and hanging out. We catch up on our weeks and we talk about what qualities we'd be looking for in a person to marry. Tyler and I are always good for secret sharing and we promised Christopher a pummeling if he revealed anything we said. Week after week, summer after summer the three of us did that.
Five years ago, Tyler married the girl of his dreams who moved down to his area of the world to ranch.
Last year, I married the boy who always made me laugh and told campers his version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
This Saturday, Christopher will marry his beautiful blond. I can't believe how grown up we've all become.

No comments:
Post a Comment