I've been putting it off all summer.
I have pulled weeds until my fingers were blistered to get out of doing this.
I'm afraid of what's down there.
Today, I started to sort my basement.
My mother was thrilled when we got a house because then, all the weird stuff I've accumulated over the years and have stored in boxes in her basement, will move to our basement.
Porcelain dolls (that I hated even when I was little and felt guilty about not playing with).
Old Archie comics.
University textbooks.
Weird, smelly stuffed animals (that I felt guilt not playing with because I thought they were ugly).
Ceramic Andy and Annie dolls, ceramic clowns and ceramic cows???? What kind of kid was I?
Books galore.
Wedding presents that we're still unsure of.
The list goes on.
We'd like to move Fergus' food and litter box downstairs. We'll have to wait until he can handle stairs. I'd kind of like to have some organization down there before it becomes a cat lair.
Good thing it's been a rainy day. I'd hate to be below ground on a sunny day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jill, our Jill couldn't give away anything that had eyes. She felt they had life or something.
I like the new format for your blog, it is sweet! Hope you get a contract this year. I am praying for you. Sounds like you have some work ahead of you for the basement. I hope Fergus doesn't scratch up the furniture! I can't get the image of you in an office cahir turning around stroking a cat and saying "Mr. Bond, I've been expecting you"
Post a Comment