Voting

Monday, August 13, 2007

Back from Menno-toba



Last Tuesday, Trevor and I packed our bags and headed east to visit Trev's relatives in Manitoba.
In my family, when my mom, her sisters and their families get together, it's usually been so long (22 years) that we hire a photographer.
In Trevor's family, visiting and keeping in touch is important.
We spent a few days with Oma and Opa living the retired lifestyle. We slept in, read, played games, walked, ate, ate and ate some more. We were able to visit 18 relatives in just 3 days! I'd say that's pretty impressive!
Friday, we jumped in our car and headed to Clear Lake. It was such a gorgeous location. The first night, it poured rain. Our little tent stayed dry. Saturday, it rained off and on. We still managed to hike and tour around a bit. We were a little sad not to swim and be beach bums.
Yesterday, we drove home.
I feel a little sick. I'm not quite myself right now. Too bad I'm a guide at VBS this week so I can't sleep in or slack off too much!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome home! I'm glad you guys had a nice little getaway.

Michelle said...

I always feel a little off when I am away from home too. Not eating the most healthy fare, not in my own bed. Hope you feel better soon.