Today is the first teacher prep day of the school year. This is the day teachers across our fair city "officially" (meaning they get paid for it) go back to their classrooms after a peaceful summer.
Normally, I like spending this day cleaning, re-arranging posters and desks. I also like to go over curriculum and photocopy like crazy.
Sadly, I am at home... feeling sorry for myself.
I'd really like to be teaching. It's sort of my thing. I get pretty feisty about the causes of the First World War. I miss looking up French Top 40 songs. I really like trying to imagine what kinds of drama games kids in the hood would actually want to play. I miss my fill-in-the-blank lecture about the history of psychology (I always got a kick out of showing kids pictures of trepanning).
Maybe somebody will hire me yet.
If not, I'll try hard to be the best darn sub in the city.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm sorry you didn't get hired yet. Hopefully you will get an offer. You are a great teacher and deserve a job teaching some students about imperialism and nationalism. Your school division doesn't start Monday, but ours does. There is still hope!
Aw, man. I was really hoping you'd get scooped up this summer. I hope something still does arise for you. :)
Post a Comment