Voting

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Open Letter to Bright Legs

Dear Mr. Short Shorts,
I am just writing to thank you for motivating me yesterday at the gym.
It was cold outside and I had to use a lot of positive self-talk to get myself to the Fieldhouse after school. I was feeling lousy when I started a slow jog around the track. Then, I saw you. The glare of your bright legs beaming up ahead for all to see.
As a fellow runner, I too appreciate the aerodynamic fit of shorter shorts. However, I am a woman. In our society, I can get away with short shorts. It helps that I shave my legs. You Sir, are obviously not a woman. Therefore, you do not shave your legs. I noticed that from about 100 metres away.
No matter what I tried thinking about, my eyes would always wander back to your absurdly white legs. They were distracting (and not in a good way). I felt compelled to pass you. I sped up. I ran faster then I normally do. Finally, after 9 laps of the glare, I was successful. I managed to keep my speed up and I finished my 4 km in record time.
Thank-you!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Open Letter to Jill:

Thank-you for giving me the inspiration to don my shiny white tunic and go to TaeKwonDo last night, where everyone is bright and shiny but there are no hairy legs to be seen.

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. Poor hairy, pasty yucky guy.

Amanda Brown said...

It was probably my dad. :)