Voting

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Changes...

Tomorrow is my last day with my Quarter 2 classes. When I started with these kids, I wanted to strangle them. We've been through a lot together. Now, when I really like them and we've got a great routine set up, we're done. The new bunch is moving in. Yikes! What crazies will Monday bring and how long will it take until I've established simple Drama routines with them?

Tonight, Trevor and I are starting our new Care Group. Our other group grew to be too big and now, Trevor and I are starting a branch off group. I'm really going to miss the people from our other group. However, I really excited about a new beginning. I have this vision of a group where people can come, feel safe to learn and grow, will challenge each other and above all, care for each other. I hope I can communicate that tonight.

Yesterday, I put the first coat of paint on our walls. The computer room is AWESOME. The spare room is a little dramatic. I loved looking at it in the morning light. I hope it grows on Trevor the way it has been growing on me. Our house is getting closer to the way we want it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill

Good luck in your next quarter. I start a new semester on Monday too. I am worried about the Grade 10's since I have not taught grade 10 in a while. I have had the 11's and 12's all year. So well see what happens:) Take care

wandi said...

Hi Jill. Isn't it great to have your own home that you can do with what you like. I pray all goes well with your new students.