I'm at school on my prep. I'd be working but the photocopier is broken... blech! Therefore, I'll be talking lots in my first day classes and not giving them much. Yikes.
First day of classes always freak me out. If kids think it's a little nerve-wracking, they have no idea the stage fright that I go through. This is rather ironic because, this Quarter, I am a full-time Drama teacher. It's just weird, because I don't know the kids yet and they don't know me and first-impressions are so crucial.
The other weird thing about today (besides no photocopier) is that in my Drama 10 class, I only have 4 students registered so far. In a normal school, that would be completely irregular. Here, this is "normal". Strangely enough, my Drama 10 class will be full. My V-P will stick kids in at random. I will have no idea who to expect, when, or what to do. Yeah, an hour and 50 minutes of confusion, me being super-nervous and kids not really sure why they are taking Drama. Ah yes, all those little eyes looking at me to know what I'm doing and I'll be wingin' it. Not on purpose but due to the circumstances. Yikes, my tummy's churning at the thought!
Sorry if I sound a little grim...
Trevor and I had a marvellous weekend filled with a combination of bumming around and painting. We're almost done the painting... just one more coat on the hall walls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment