All I want to do is snuggle up in a big quilt, sit on my couch, read and sip tea. It's freezin' out.
So, I'm working part time for the next week and a half. It's a bit weird but, I know I'll be full time again and the beginning of the next Quarter. I'll be a full-time Drama teacher.
I think it's a little funny that I've ended up teaching Drama after all my years doing History, French and Psychology. Ah well, nothing funnier then these little hood kids doing the Hokey Pokey with me.
Top 10 Strange things I've seen at school:
10 - Baby parade every lunch hour
9 - "Good Samaritan" mime
8 - grade 10 essays (any sophomore essay is funny)
7 - cell phone being answered from a girl's bra
6 - grape flavoured condom on stage (fell out of someone's pocket) - the kids blew it up and played volley-ball with it
5 - ramdom kids wandering into my class 2 weeks before the end of term (on my list but have never shown up until that day)
4 - lesbian anime comics (AHHHH!)
3 - Drama 10 begging to do the HOKEY POKEY today!
2 - Hall passes - I make my kids carry around this HUGE wooden bird house when they leave my class... (other people have a plastic pig, a life preserver, a large dream catcher, a toilet seat, a bendy flower, etc.)
1- a gang enforcer acting like a penguin
Ah, life here is always an adventure in teaching. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That sounds so bizzare and I have no idea how #7 would be possible.
It's good to hear from you after all these years. Hope things are going well for you and Trevor.
That is too funny. I can appreciate my school for all of its issues now. Sometimes it is hard to laugh at the stuff that makes you so angry sometimes. Miss you:)
Post a Comment