Voting

Friday, June 01, 2012

M.I.A.

We took Fergus out to the farm. A frightened cat and two toddlers strapped into car seats is not a good mix. We had an interesting 1/2 hour journey out. :)

We explained to the kids that this was Fergus' new home. We kissed and cuddled and petted that little dude so much that day, I'm sure that being placed into a quiet garage was a relief.
Fergus' new home was where I grew up. He'd be well-cared for by my parents, fed well, sheltered and given free range of the farm + all the mice he wanted to chase and eat.
My Mom gave up parking in the garage for a week to "acclimatize" him to his home. We came out later in the week to let him outside for the first time. After a good romp, I put him back in before we left.
My Mom was carrying in groceries when the wee beastie scampered out the garage. She left him for a bit and then, when she called him, he didn't come. Figuring he was enjoying his new-found freedom, my Mom didn't worry too much. Later that night, she tried calling him again. Worried, she left the garage door partly up (which let in a nasty tom-cat who beat up my parents' other sweet cat). To no avail, Fergus has not been seen since.
I am heart-sick. I know that he is just a cat but, he's my cat. I love that little guy. He drove me up the wall but, he slept at my feet, left my children alone and loved me. He napped with me during the crazy baby days and kept small rodents at bay.
All I can think about is him wandering, hungry, scared and homeless. My poor little cat.
I hope he makes his way back to the farm.
I hope one of my Mom's neighbours sees him and calls her.
I hope he gets picked up by the animal shelter and we get a call.
I hope he eventually makes his way back to our old neighbourhood and that our neighbours recognize him and call us.
I hope I get to see his furry face again.

1 comment:

Karri said...

Your Mom the kids and I went for a walk last night and kept our eyes open for him the whole time. We're still hoping he turns up.