Last month, I made a choice about working part-time. I felt like I was settling for a not-so-great job (pushing the Core French cart) in order to make a good choice for my family. I felt really good about the family part but, let's be honest, I was doing a lot of positive self-talk to motivate myself about next year. I'm a really positive person and I know that attitude is everything. However, having to constantly "look for the good" and "get excited for change" was starting to wear on me. (Besides, I kept having a recurring nightmare about Middle Years children, French verbs and me trying to sing in French with them).
Another opportunity to go back to my old high school arose. Subjects I know and love. This job, however was full-time for the first semester and part time for the second semester. After a lot of thought, I realized that this might be the compromise I need. It's full time but, not forever. I think I can manage that.
Today, I said yes to that compromise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's exciting Jill! I love when opportunity knocks. :)
Post a Comment