In the midst of packing up our entire house last week, I finally got the call about the transfer I'd been wanting back to high school. The gig I have now is fun but, not at all what I want to be doing. I was offered a one year job at my old school. No guarantees to stay the next year. It was for teaching subjects I'm familiar and that I miss. The only catch was that it was only being offered as full-time.
After a walk the park with my sweet babies, I decided to say "no" to a full-time job doing what I love to settle for a job that's okay. Don't get me wrong, my students are FABULOUS; I just miss the rigor of upper level thinking.
This is my season to be a Momma. I had a lovely season of surly teenagers, busy extra-curr and marking until the wee hours. Now, I get to snuggle my sweeties, play important little games and go about the business of looking after the practical needs of our home. I am one fortunate soul! Eventually, I'll find my way back to full-time life in the classroom. Until then, I'll be rocking my babies because babies don't keep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment