Voting

Monday, June 04, 2012

Life in Transition



Simon - "Mom, I don't want to sleep in this room anymore."
Simon - "I am sad about missing my ____ Street house."
Simon - "When do I get my new room? I would like it to have dinosaurs."
Simon - "Why are we moving?"
Simon - "Where is our box trailer? Who is with my toys?"
Simon - "When will I see S_____ (neighbour) and talk at the fence again?"
Simon - "Does my new house have tulips? I would like a tulip."

This is Simon's perspective of our temporary life in transition. Claire is a little more clingy and a little more demanding. I am trying hard to keep their routines and the food the same. I am trying to snuggle them more and reassure them the best I can.

I have very similar questions, Simon. I feel a little like a fish out of water without my own "home".

No comments: