Monday, May 07, 2012
DNA for b-day craziness???
These days, it isn't hard to find an article or a TV show about scientists discovering a new gene for just about any and every behavior.
I want to know what gene makes mothers go a little crazy about birthdays? Seriously, what, in the evolutionary process (mirco-evolution, folks, I'm a creationist) makes mothers spend hours and hours and hours decorating cakes, shopping for and wrapping the "right" gifts, making elaborate invitations and decorations, cooking large meals, blowing up zillions of balloons and having huge parties for their children. Just look up birthday party ideas on Pinterest for a sampling of Mommies gone crazy.
We celebrated Simon's 3rd B-day and I spent hours on his party. I LOVED it! It gave me such great joy to see his little face light up when he saw his balloons, his bug cupcakes, his cool presents and all his favorite people gathered together. I don't know who was more excited, me or him. He's only 3, will he remember it all? Probably not. However, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.
I wonder what is in my DNA that makes me do this and gives me so much pleasure for it?
Yep, I'm weird. Maybe I've got the excitable Momma gene... sigh.
Thanks for the cool ideas, Hello, Cupcake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
They look so great, Jill! I know what you mean - that look of wonder and excitement on your child's face is absolutely priceless. I have "Hello, Cupcake" too, and I love it - such great ideas :) A big Happy Birthday to Simon!
LOL i must be missing that DNA then - I just did the bare minimum for eva this year, and she still had a blast. i am saving my energy for when she is older i guess :) those are adorable!!! glad he was so excited :)
Post a Comment