Voting

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Loss of Innocence

S - My Sore Throat Microbe is a bad guy, Momma.
Me - Really, why?
S - He makes people hurted.
Me - Oh? Where?
S - Here (indicates throat). It's not nice.
Me - Sore Throats do hurt.
S - I can pet this guy, but I don't put him inside me.
Me - That's a good idea.
S - If I putted him inside me, I'd be hurted.
Me - True.
Poor Simon, it's hard to realize that the toy microbes he plays with are "bad guys". He's become my little philosopher lately. So many questions and so many ideas. It's fun to watch his mind at work. (I'm also praying for patience as I answer "Momma, what is that?" for the millionth time today.)
S - Why do we play?
S - Why do we whisper when that man is talking to Jesus?
S - Why are we moving?
S - Why is Claire my sister?
S - Why did I have to have a Time Out?
S - Why are we eating this for supper?
S - Why is that dandelion white?
S - Why is Fergus a cat?
S - Why is today a holiday?

No comments: