Voting

Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Momma

Dear Mom, Thanks for being such a great Mom. Growing up, I didn't know how good I had it. Homemade cookies, hand-packed lunches, fresh laundry, a gleaming house, lots of space for my friends to come and hang out and, best of all, someone who was always there to listen. Being a stay-at-home Mom in the middle of nowhere with an out-of-town husband was a huge challenge. I whine when I have to put the kids to bed once a week... not all the time. I'm sure we drove you bananas most days. I don't ever remember you taking that out on us. You always played and made sure that we felt important in your life. Now, you're one of my best friends. You're the only person (besides Shiya or Claire) that I actually like shopping with. You're the first person I want to call when one of the kids does or says something wonderful (or ridiculous). I miss you when you're away. Thanks so much for being an amazing mother and an amazing friend. I hope that I can be as good of a Mom to Simon and Claire as you were to Tim and I. I love you! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: