Voting

Friday, June 24, 2011

Oh those British...


Every day, Simon asks me to buy him a British flag. Why? Because he's in love with the red, white and blue of Britannia. Today, we went to the British Tea Shop and Purveyor of British Goods. My assumption is that they'd have a British flag of some form or another. I forgot my Baby Bjorn and carried both kids in. Simon had made the connection of what we were looking for and hoping to buy. He was way too excited.
Unfortunately, the British Tea Shop and Purveyor of British Goods had no flags... except a lovely display flag that was not for sale (no matter how Simon tried to convince me to "Momma buy, Momma buy").
Sadly, I left the store with a baby on my hip and holding the hand of a devastated toddler who almost threw himself into parking lot traffic in mid-tantrum. (He's hard to hold on to while tantruming mid-parking lot while I'm trying to keep his sweet, wiggly sister on my hip.)
After many, many tears and much convincing that Momma will someday buy him a British flag, we headed on our way.
As consolation, we watched, on Youtube, the British flag while listening to the British national anthem. Sooooo boring but, made my little man very, very happy.

He also asks for an Italian flag and a Saskatchewan flag. If any of you dear readers come across or already have one of these flags and are willing to part with it, let me know. I have a flag aficionado on my hands.

2 comments:

NotsNotes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NotsNotes said...

As we live in the UK, I could get ahold of Union Jack paraphenalia pretty easily for you, but you might find this easier: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Union-Jack-Flag-100-Polyester-2x3-United-Kingdom-UK-/160586058755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item6b1b9db291#ht_4956wt_989

Maybe he should start collecting flag patches instead? (Though I waited to collect mine until I went travelling to that country!)