Voting

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Little Miss Meek


After a lot of thought and persuasion from some work friends, I'm going to write a letter to the Teacher's Federation and my school division stating that I am upset with the way my transfer went down.
I know, I know, ooooo, a letter.
This is a really big deal for me. This means that I have to stand up to my employer, a figure of authority and say something that might not be agreeable.
This causes me stress.

Why is it that I can teach my students to stand up for themselves and to advocate for themselves but, I have the hardest time doing it for myself. It's less stressful to just roll over, curl up and cry.
Although I've accepted the transfer part and the new school and new job seem okay, I still cry when I talk to my colleagues about how things happened. That can't be good for my morale, can it?

Today, Little Miss Meek is about to make a peep. I wonder what it will be like to be heard or, if I'll be heard at all?

2 comments:

TurboPython said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TurboPython said...

I completely empathize with you. Whenever my holiday requests get steamrolled over, etc, etc, I am used to just laying down and taking it. Takes a lot of psyching up to stand up for yourself.
But that's the only way they'll know that something's wrong and that you aren't intimidated by their position.
Good for you!
Reminds me of the classic quote from the Network. I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!(Even if it's just a letter)