
As I've already written, Trevor and I have been looking for a new nest for our chickies. We thought we found the most perfect house (it was) in an artsy area of town. We were pretty sad when it sold to someone other then us. I've been glued to MLS since Simon was about 5 months old and I hadn't found anything that I liked in areas that I liked (sauf the home we never bought).
We've finally decided to give in and build. We've looked into building before but, we just didn't feel comfortable with any of the builders we'd talked with. Until now. We've met with a great, little building company who will take their time, answer our questions, let us customize what we need and let us do a few things on our own.
Yesterday, Trevor gave them a deposit (gulp) and we now have a pretty little lot in the northwest area of town. Our lot backs a beautiful environmental reserve (and future bike path) and is a hop, skip and jump away from some good friends.
There are a ton of pros and cons about building. There is a piece of me that feels guilty because we're just expanding our environmental footprint. I also feel a little selfish to have something so good just for us when we could be using that money to minister to others. I think about friends of ours who live and work in NorthCentral and still others who have traveled half way across the world and I do feel a little guilty.
However, I'm also super excited.
I'm excited to have a play space for my kids.
I'm excited to sit on our deck at night and see stars (and nobody else's backyard).
I'm excited that we'll be near green space.
I'm excited for a walk in pantry, kitchen island, fireplace, ensuite and kid's rooms with closets.
We don't expect to be in until just before Simon's 3rd B-day.
Our next step is to talk with a drafts person.
Know anyone who wants to buy our cute little bungalow? It'll probably be on the market by Christmas.

3 comments:
This news has sealed the deal for living "way out here". YIPEEEEEEE!
I don't even think you're a hop, skip AND jump away. Now we'll just have to keep our boys (and girls too) OUT of the environmental reserve ;) Frogs anyone?
Good for you guys! That's so exciting. I don't know if it works long distance, but Wade would be more than happy to draft something up for you I'm sure :)
We are smiling ear to ear for you guys!!!
Post a Comment