Voting

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Milestones


In my vast experience as a parent (insert self-deprecating chuckle), I'm learning that my job is to basically guide my kids from milestone to milestone. Simon's peed on the potty (reward = sticker and putting toilet paper in the toilet - he LOVES doing this) twice for me this week. My hope is to be diaper free (just Simon - Claire's not that amazing) by the end of summer (fingers crossed). Claire rolled over on Sunday. I think I'll have to watch out with that little Maghoo; I don't think she'll stay where I plunk her for long.
These are just two of the many, many mini and mega goals my children will set and reach for with me. It's a pretty exciting journey we're embarking on.

On a whole other note, I am eagerly anticipating spring. I've stopped getting really keyed up about my birthday or Christmas, my wedding and 2 due dates have come and gone. I long for sunshine without a bitter windchill, stepping outside without having to bundle the kids up and going on walking adventures with my amazing stroller. Until then, I'll sniff sunscreen to get my fix.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill, you inspire me. I love how much you love your children and have such a positive outlook :) Thanks. It's just what I needed to hear about today. And I sooo echo your feelings of spring. This cold weather is starting to get to me! :)

Love ya!

Marla