(I always found it ironic that Martha Stewart was named Martha...)
Luke 10:38-42 tells the story of 2 sisters. Martha, the very hospitable "doer" and Mary, the very wise "listener". God points this story out to me over and over and over again. I am a doer. I like to be productive. I like to have a checklist, a plan and a well-marked calendar (or two or three). I LOVE being organized and having things "done" just so. I am a lot like Martha.
I'm not in a "Martha" time of life right now. Today, I did family bake day with my side of the family. I spent a lot of time playing with my son and my niece and snuggling my sweet daughter. I longed to just be working at the baking. I failed to take advantage of those sweet tiny hands, those chubby baby hugs and those soft snuggles. These are the gifts God has given me now. There will be plenty of time in my life to "do". I need to remember just to sit and soak in the presence of the Lord in the innocence of these babies.
Needless to say, we still did an amazing job baking. After two family bake days, my freezers are FULL. I'm excited to make up baking trays to share with others. I'm thankful for the time spent with my Mom, Mother-in-law and sweet sister-in-laws.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment