Voting

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Big Sigh...


Maybe it's the act of "de-cluttering" or it's the fact that I survived 6 weeks with a newborn but, I feel like my whole being is breathing a big sigh of relief.

Christmas is over. I LOVE Christmas. I LOVE decorating, writing cards, doing a family photo, wrapping (and shopping) for gifts, preparing food, picking out Christmas outfits, etc, etc. However, it can be a little busy. Everyday, there's a new project to do. Today, we took the tree down and I put away the decorations. I feel like I can breathe in my house again. There's more space for Simon to run around and there's less "busy" going on for my eyes.

Claire turned 6 weeks old yesterday (Simon also turned 20 months on the same day). I survived the newborn stage. She's a fabulous baby. I have no complaints. We sleep just fine and she's a great eater. She is a terrific snuggler and she puts up with a lot! Despite all that, having a baby is still a very overwhelming life experience. It really takes 6 weeks to recover mentally and physically.

Now, I'm feeling more like me. I'm excited to begin the de-cluttering process again as we prepare to (once again) try to sell our house in the new year (that is, if we can find one we love as much as we loved the one that got away). I'm excited to see what 2011 has in store for us.

No comments: