Voting

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Co-sleeping


Claire is a snuggler. She is also a co-sleeper. I have an adorable bassinet by our bed. She spends half the night in there (more if I can get her to) and the rest of her night, she spends cuddled up as close as she can get to me.
It's sweet but, I'm not a fan of co-sleeping. I'm a side/back sleeper so, the most danger this girly is in is my elbow bopping her head. I just don't sleep as well with her grunting, kicking little body pressed up against mine. I don't really want her to be in my bed much longer. Simon was in his room and crib by one-month. I'd be satisfied with Claire just in her bassinet by one month.
Unfortunately, in the middle of the night, I'd do anything just to go back to sleep so, Claire wins a lot of my anti-co-sleeping battles.

Whether you're a fan of co-sleeping or not, please promise me that I won't have a 14-year old snuggling me in my sleep.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm a huge fan of co-sleeping but I can promise your 14 year old won't want to sleep with you every night. ;)

Debbie Irvine said...

You were also a co-sleeper, so was your brother. It only really got dicey when you both wanted in our bed at the same time. It didn't last long - she'll be happy to be on her own soon!

Ali : ) said...

Don't worry, even your 3-year-old won't want to sleep with you... except for when bad dreams strike.