Voting

Friday, December 03, 2010

...and we have take-off

SIMON IS WALKING!!!!!

This is pretty exciting news in our household. I'm trying to be all casual about it with other people but, I feel like doing the happy dance all the time for him and all I want to do is brag!
The other day, Trevor told him he should walk to me instead of crawling and, it was like a little light went off in his head and he just sauntered over to me like it was no big deal. Since then, he spends most of his play time walking back and forth between furniture and giggling. It's pretty awesome. :)

I know that some people would be concerned that he's 19 months and just starting to walk. All I can think of is my tiny newborn with his crooked little feet screaming and screaming and screaming at me while we had his casts put on. That sucked so badly. This is our pay off. It's sooooo worth it.

I'm so proud of you, my little Schmoo.

6 comments:

Jen said...

YAY SIMON! That is SO awesome! HUGE accomplishment!!! You've got beautiful little feet, dude.

ps. my niece was born with "regular" feet and didn't walk until 18, almost 19 months - so, either way, he's doing AWESOME!

Del said...

Way to go SIMON!

Congratulations on this (life changing) milestone! Wonderful news.

Debbie Irvine said...

Oh, little Simon...your accomplishments have been an answer to so many prayers! Awesome job, buddy!!!!

Unknown said...

Yay Simon!! I noticed him walking this morning and it was a great thing to see. So exciting for you guys!

Amy Lozinski said...

That is so awesome! Way to go SImon! No holding them back once they take off lol

Anonymous said...

we all know how far Simon (and really, all of you) has come, to be able to walk on his own. it is an amazing accomplishment!! and just so you know, Aria only walked at 26 months...either way, it is a milestone to truly be celebrated!! :)

Marla