Last year, Simon and I had a rocky start with breastfeeding. The feeding tube and some high pressure doctors didn't help. Finally, with the help of a nipple shield, I managed to convince Simon that eating was a good thing.
5 weeks later, we weaned him from the nipple shield. Simon and I could not be separated for more then 3 hours. He refused any bottle so, I was it. I loved the snuggles and the baby stares and milky smiles. We had a good thing going. He also packed on the pounds like a trooper. He managed to more then triple his birth weight by his 1st B-day.
Gradually, as I introduced more solid food into his life, he cut down on his nursing. When I found out I was pregnant, we were down to 3 feedings. Two nights ago, I cut his last feeding. He's fine. I doubt he misses it. As much as I love of his snuggles, I'm not missing it either.
I feel free. I plan on enjoying these next 6 months (eek... make that almost 5 months) of freedom.

2 comments:
Way to go Jill! That's a great accomplishment.!
I was so sad when I stopped nursing Liliana. Awesome that Simon did it so well!
Post a Comment