Today, I had perfect balance in my life.
At first, I was a little overwhelmed by the chaotic, fly by the seat of my pants, subbing world. I've started really liking it. I like that I can transform even the most boring lesson plans into something doable and fun. I also like getting a glimpse into other people's classrooms. I've missed interacting with students. I love adolescents. I love the lippy ones (as long as they don't mind being teased back), I love the sweet ones and I love, love the great conversations I can have with them. (However, there are those who receive a fair share of my dirty looks, worries and dislike). It's nice to be back at my home school with my teacher friends and adult conversation.
I miss Simon like crazy. We have a super sweet (super expensive) baby-sitter. However, I miss playing with him. I miss his snuggles and his baby chatter. The hardest part of my day is leaving him in the morning.
I only worked a 1/2 day today. I spent all morning cajoling work out of kids, discussing the meaning of life and trying to make some goofy boys add veggies to their sweet and sour pork. It was fun. Then, I was able to drive home and snuggle my boy when he woke up. We went on the most perfect walk around the park and played outside all afternoon.
Wouldn't it be nice if life could always be so well balanced?
(On a total side note, my Habs are winning right now. They've been my team since grade 7 and, I'm excited that they're doing so well! On y va, les gars!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
part time is where it's at. I'll say it again :)!
Post a Comment