I know that, as a teacher, I'm "not allowed" favorite students. However, I'm terrible at that. Some students just worm their way into my heart. I can't help it, I've taught some absolutely fabulous kids.
One of those kids is on my heart today. He steps onto a plane heading for Afghanistan. I'm still not sure how I feel about our country's role in Afghanistan. I'm usually a pacifist and wish that we can all just work things out. However, I also realize that sometimes, might makes right and it's hard to work with people who have that mentality.
Ask any teacher who taught this young man, he's one of their favorites. He's polite, has a great sense of humour and is head over heels in love with his adorable girlfriend. He's also a very patriotic soldier.
All I can do for this young man is pray. I think that I will be holding my breath until he comes home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Of course we have favourites - how could anyone not? Your situation makes me so glad that I don't work with "big" kids - I don't have to deal with those issues. I have a hard enough time with the stuff that my preschoolers go through. Ah, the joys of being in the "helping" professions.
Post a Comment