Poor Simon must be teething. He has no teeth yet but, his bottom gums are swollen and he's an overly sensitive dude lately. He's waking up a little extra at night. (My new mantra has become "Some day, we'll sleep through the night...".)
It feels good to have something "normal" to worry about with Simon. Not that long ago, Trevor and I were going nutty because of Simon's casts or post-op pain. We'd space out the time between Motrin doses and hope our baby would feel better soon. It was hard to commiserate with other parents about post-op pain or cast pain. It's kind of nice to have a misery that all parents understand. Yep, this is my sad attempt at looking for the positive. :) Hopefully, we'll have gums full of bottom teeth to report soon.

3 comments:
Do you want to try some of those teething tablets from the Health Food Store? I had some success with Reid and I have some kicking around you could try.
Anything that prevents sleep is ugly. Period.
Oh, Jill, your positive attitude astounds me. If it makes you feel any better, we're still not sleeping through the night either with our 17 month-old (hold me!). It's so hard, but you are handling the challenges of motherhood with humour, grace and flair. Well done.
Teething is evil! I swear I go through a bottle of Tylenol each time either of my kids get a tooth, although jacob is a little better than Chloe. he at least uses teethers.
Post a Comment