Voting

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Good Day, Sunshine

Last night, Trevor took me out for our Valentine's supper. We decided to pass on our traditional crab meal and take advantage of some baby-sitting to get dressed up and out of the house. It was so good to be just a couple for a few hours. I don't give my main man enough attention. I'd missed him even though he's always around.
It was also pretty fun to get dressed up and do my hair. I've had this brutal cold sore (yes, I am plagued with those) right under my nose. The scab reminds me of a Hitler mustache. It's not so noticeable anymore so, it was nice to feel "pretty" after feeling like an ugly man all week.
Last night, Simon only woke up twice. Once to scream at us for awhile and once just to eat. That's a vast improvement over the past few nights where we've seen every hour of the clock. These past few sleepless nights were a throwback to August and September when we dreaded the night.
This morning, I woke up to a well-rested boy. He played nice all morning and didn't cling like a monkey. It was nice to be able to put him down to do things by myself. My hip enjoyed the break.
It's good to have my Sunshine Boy back. I've missed him!

No comments: