Voting

Friday, September 18, 2009

Glorious sleep


I love sleep!
If I could, I'd sleep 10 hours a night and have a nap in the afternoon.
Instead, I am celebrating that my son
has recently re-discovered the perfect night sleep.
He goes down before 8 pm.
He has a meal around 3-4 am.
He fusses and is ignored around 5:30 am.
He wakes up and starts his day around 7 am.
We're all happier.
We all smile more.

To many moms of little ones, this sounds completely normal.
After the month and a half we've had post surgery, I call this heaven.
I've been having dreams again.
I have missed those.
Thank-you Simon, my castless wonder!

2 comments:

Jen Wilson said...

That is AWESOME!!!

And that is an adorable photo :)

Marla said...

dreams, GLORIOUS dreams!! hooray for sleep! i'm so glad that everyone is getting more sleep. it really does make everyone feel a little better/happier, hey? i remember the first night that i got 6 consecutive hours of sleep, i felt like a new woman! (besides the fact i was sure aria had died in her sleep, b/c she wasn't awake yet ;) )yeah simon!