Voting

Friday, September 25, 2009

Not a social butterfly...


Today, I took Simon back to my school for a visit. We needed an outing and I knew it would be good to walk the halls of high school again. However, I forgot that I can be pretty shy. On my Myer's-Briggs test, I always end up borderline extrovert/introvert. Well I'm teaching, I play up the extrovert side. Now that I'm on mat. leave, the introvert side has taken over.
Simon and I were "guests" so we were the center of attention and I kept freezing. I didn't know what to say. I kept trying re-directs to other people get the attention off of us. It was hard because it was such a large group of people. I'm at the point now that I prefer a good conversation with 3 or 4 other people and that's it. Yeesh... I'm turning into a hermit.

1 comment:

Jen Wilson said...

I'm the exact same way. I HATE being the centre of attention. And I've become a total hermit since moving here.