Voting

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Hiatus


For 26 years, I have spent at least one fall night in the throes of first day of school fears. Seven years teaching and I still couldn't shake stage fright. I would be up all night, mind racing, going over every little detail.
Last night, I didn't have stage fright. (Instead I had a baby who managed two 4 hour stretches). Last night, the only thing I worried about was my one little sweetie.
This year, my curriculum will involve Language Arts (LOTS of Eric Carle and Sandra Boyton as well as some Baby signing), Phys. Ed. (Jolly Jumpering, walks, carrying my little sack of potatoes), Social (this baby's going to get regular History and Psych lessons), Home Ec, etc. I just have one pretty awesome student and he's definitely Teacher's Pet.

Best of luck to all my teacher friends out there. Today's a rough one but, you'll do fine!

2 comments:

matt&ruth said...

Very cute :) Enjoy this year of being a very different kind of teacher!

Del said...

Enjoy!

The trouble with this year is that YOU'RE the student...you-know-who- is the teacher/dicator.

Happy Learning!