Voting

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Heartless

So, I'm reading another baby sleep book... what else is new. This one tells me to put Simon to bed earlier. We're doing that and it's fabulous! This one also suggests "cry it out". That seems to work for Simon at 5:37 AM. Last night, when he woke up to eat at midnight, I put him back down seemingly asleep. Well, my little man woke up and started his fussing. Instead of picking him up and cuddling him for another 10 minutes, I took a risk and let him "cry it out". I stood in his room, closed his door so as not to disturb Trevor and listened to 20 minutes of nightmarish sobbing before I too started sobbing. I picked my wet, blubbering little mess up and held him as he shuddered in my arms. We cried together and Trevor put him back to sleep.
Unfortunately, I went back to bed to lay there for 3 solid hours of awake time. Insomnia was my punishment for "cry it out".
Today, I need a nap.

1 comment:

Del said...

You are a brave woman. I could never do that, though some people swear it works (and they cry for a much shorter time the next night).

I too have horrible insomnia after/if Reid wakes up. He's been demanding a 4:30am bottle the last two days. Superfantastic!