Voting

Friday, September 04, 2009

Running on Empty


What's the best way to clean your fridge?
Have it die... then get a new one.

Nothing like a shiny new appliance to make me smile.

Simon's still having bad nights. We're beginning to run out of steam. Some nights, he gets up just 3 or 4 times and Trevor and I do a little dance in the morning. We think we're getting somewhere and then, there are nights like last night where I spent more time in Simon's room then mine.
We went to the pediatrician. He advised us to drug Simon. We gave him his allotted dose of Baby Advil and he went down without a fight... only to fuss an hour later... and the hour after that and so on and so forth. Not only did we lack sleep, we also felt guilty about drugging our kid.
It's like he has a faulty transmission and can't shift sleep cycles without us. We've tried all the tricks.
Can we hire the supernanny to come and fix our baby?

2 comments:

Del said...

I think (hope, pray?) that all of your troubles will be solved (or at least on the road to recovery) once Sept. 12 and the removal of the casts happen.

Until then, hang in there. I really feel for you! You're doing such an amazing job in spite of this all. And look how CUTE he is!

Andrea said...

So I guess you can't just trade in for a new baby like the fridge, huh? But the good news is that he isn't broken, like the fridge. Just going through a rough time. And luckily, his warranty never runs out (thanks God).

p.s. Is it just me or is his hair totally red in this picture?