Voting

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Enough is enough

I have spent 3 days this week sluggin' through this head cold. I should add that I'm doing it completely druglesss. That means all those lovely potions and pills that normally get me through a work week with a cold are banned. I have taught with my head in a complete fog. I've probably been more then forgetful and a little snappy with les enfants. It hasn't helped that it's been -40 every morning either.
Enough is enough! I decided to stay at home today. This would make logical sense to most. However, if you are not a teacher, you have no idea how much work it is to take a sick day. I spent a good 2 1/2 hours prepping for my sub yesterday. I hope the kids are good to him. I hope I won't have to many fires to put out when I get back
This morning, I slept in. I played mouse with Fergus. I tidied and cleaned a little. Now, I'm tuckered out and I plan on spending the rest of the day on the couch marking, prepping and reading. Maybe, I'll move to my bed for a nap.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Take it easy today and get well! It's so hard to be sick and not rely on meds, hey?