Voting

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cabin Fever + Dashing DIshes

We're feeling a little cooped up at school right now. My poor mod squad... the garbage truck was such a big hit. They couldn't keep their eyes off of it while we were trying to read Ender's Game.
The kids are starting to get anxious and excited for spring. The parking lot is mud soup and the sun is just tempting us to skip class and hang out outside! (I just have 14 days left until Easter break and I don't plan on going back....)
The first day of spring is coming up this week. Let's hope that that actually means we get some warm weather.
Same kind of thing going on at home. Fergus is demanding outside time as much as he can get.

On a whole other note, I participated in my first Dashing Dishes last night. It was awesome. It's a meal assembly company. They have everything all prepped and ready to go in stations. I registered for 8 different meals in advance. Then, I went from station to station, gathering ingredients and putting them into freezer bags. I split all 8 of the meals (a full meal serves 6 people - a little much for our little house) and now, we have 16 ready to cook meals in our freezer. Yummy! Tomorrow, we're having Tim and Karri over for our first Dashing Dishes dining experience. :)

1 comment:

Marla said...

i LOVED ender's game!! i can't believe you guys get to read it in school! lucky! well, enjoy the last few weeks before easter and before you know it, that youngen will be here! praying for you guys!!