Voting

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Quiet

Today was a quiet day around our house. A little cleaning, a little relaxing, a little walk, a little eating and snoozing. All in all, a very quiet day. I feel like I need to savor these days. Soon, we'll have our little one and our days will be a little more full.

People keep telling us things like:
"you'll never have a good sleep again"
"you won't sleep in for the next 18 years
"enjoy eating hot food now... soon everything will be lukewarm"

DUH! We know... we get it... we're in for BIG changes.

We welcome those changes as a new and exciting part of our life together. Our little Thumper is worth those changes to us.

However, it still makes us cherish quiet days like this all the more.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I've been sleeping well for month and always enjoy warm dinners. You will too. :)

And even if you don't, the sleepless nights? Those lukewarm meals? Small price to pay.

Del said...

There is nothing more delicious than snuggling your newborn in the stillness of the night.

Enjoy every second of it. I know you will.