Voting

Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Lesson Learned

Today, Fergus went outside. He loves to run up and down the sidewalk and stare at the birds in the sky. He saw a bird up in our maple tree so he scampered over the snow and jumped up and did some climbing. He had an intensive climb.
He was scared to come down. I watched as he hummed and hawed before he made his final leap into the snow bank on the tree. He landed in a cloud of cold fluff and got his little self stuck. It was so funny. He started to get scared and make little mewing noises as he "swam" towards the trunk of the tree. He clung to the tree until I put on my boots and waded into the snow bank. When I picked him up, he was shivering. Poor guy! I loved him up and gave him some Snappy Tuna (his favorite treat). He's been a very friendly, mellow little guy for the rest of the day.

As I blog, I am waiting for these to cook. Thanks for the recipe Laurie. I wanted to try something a little different tonight.

3 comments:

Del said...

I hope you liked them. Did you play peek-a-boo while you waited for them to bake?

Jill said...

Nope. Instead, I just let little Thumper kick and kick and kick. :)

Marla said...

that little story brought a smile to my face! i can totally see it happening. man, cats are AWESOME!