Voting

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Great Gender Debate


At first, when Trevor and I found out we were having a baby, we had no inkling to find out if our little person was a girl or a boy. As the bump started to grow, I was dying of curiosity. I wanted to know if I was talking to my little girl or my little boy. We'd thought of names and wanted to start calling the baby by name. We wanted to start praying for our little one by name as well.
We had the ultrasound techs check the gender (there were more then one tech in there so, they compared notes for accuracy) and had them write the gender down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope.
That night, Trevor and I went to a cute little Chinese restaurant and had a romantic dinner. For dessert, we opened our fortune cookies and then, our envelope. That was when we found out what gender of baby we're having.
We're not telling ANYONE. Not even our very curious mothers know. Despite a lot of trickery and blatant begging, we still haven't told anyone. It's fun to have our own little secret.
We'd have been content no matter what the gender but, it's nice to know a bit more about this little person who has grabbed such a huge hold on our hearts already.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny! it's great that you guys know and aren't telling people :) i read a book called "gender matters" about the differences in raising and teaching boys vs. girls - a very interesting read!

Andrea said...

and it's also nice to torture your sister-in-law! grrr...

Jen said...

Wow! That's some good self control you have. I would have
a) torn that envelope open the second I stepped out of the ultrasound room and
b) told everyone within 2 minutes.

Jordan and I planned that we weren't going to tell anyone this time around. It last approximately an hour and that's only because that's how long it took us to get home.

I'm SO excited for you guys. :)

Amanda Franks said...

We only found out the gender this time around, three super surprises! I didn't know if we were going to tell people or not, I think there's still always a possibility the tech got it wrong, but Nick couldn't contain his excitement. We will, however, not tell anyone the name we've chosen....if we happen to choose it before the baby arrives that is, lol. I hope you guys enjoy your little secret right to the very end!