Voting

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Seriously... I can't put it down


Before Trevor and I jetted of to Mexico, a co-worker fo mine lent me a book called OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon. She told me it was historical fiction, with a twist. Now, my first literature love is historical fiction therefore, I was completely excited to read it on the beach.
I literally devoured the first book in the series. I had the second book on hold at the library and it felt like I waited forever until I could dived into it. I'm in the middle of the 3rd book and I can't put it down.
-I've given up watching Canada AM in the mornings so I can read.
-I read while brushing my teeth.
-I'm contemplating buying the series just so I don't have to wait for the libary holds.
-Trevor tries to talk while I'm reading and I mumble vague "uh huhs" and "yeahs" at him (he could probably get away with saying anything....)
-I'm learning to cook with one hand so that I can hold the book in my other.
My goodness... here I am at work wishing I could find out what exactly such and such characters are up.
I've always been a book-worm but, this is even a little extreme for me.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! Must be good. I love finding a book that I just love to read.

Risk Club Guy said...

I know how you feel. Already you are thinking about the book when you are concious. Soon you will begin losing sleep wondering what will happen next... One day you realize you should be working, but you are reading and can't force yourself to stop. Then you will dream about what happened in the book and get your dream and the book mixed up. Soon, the word bedtime will be meaningless as you spend hour after hour reading intensly... I know becasue I have read a few good books like that. Enjoy them while they last, because eventually the series ends and a void must be filled by (ugh) social contact with real people. ;)