I'm taking comfort in the words my pastor shared. He used a poem written a long time ago to help us take perspective. It's not the answers I'm looking for but, it's giving me some peace.
Life is But a Weaving
My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me.
I cannot choose the colours
He weaveth steadily.
Oft' times he weaves sorrow;
And I in foolish pride
Forgets He sees the upper
And I the underside.
Not 'til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And reveal the reason why.
The dark threads are as needul
In the weaver's hand
As the thread of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned
He knows, He loves, He cares;
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those
Who leaves the choice to Him.

1 comment:
"Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this.
Psalms 37:3-5
If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;
though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread.
They are always generous and lend freely;
their children will be blessed.
Psalm 37:23-26
This helps me when I am questioning things, I hope it helps you,
Take care,
Brandy
Post a Comment