Voting

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Dance Dance Revolution




Once, when we were dating, Trevor and I randomly ended up in a Ruckers where we first encountered the Dance Dance Revolution machine.
Trevor and I don't dance. It's not a religious thing or a particular abhorrence to movement to music. We dance in our kitchen to our Ipods while doing dishes and we've been known as "that couple" at weddings when we've tried our stellar moves on the dance floor. We just know we're not that good. Our initial attraction to the DDR Machine therefore, is still a mystery.
Yet, it drew us in with it's flashing lights, computerized voice praise and catchy beats.
Last week, we went on a road trip with some friends to see Cirque de Soleil which, by the way, is completely mind-blowing. Before we went to the show, we ended up at a Ruckers where we tried our moves.
Of course, Mennonite-boy kicks my butt at grooving to the DDR machine. The machine rated him a B+. Pretty good for a boy who claims he can't dance. He's got the rhythm. I got the blues. The machine didn't even rate my moves. I actually used to take dance classes. I thought I had some moxie.
Here are some fun shots of our DDR experience.

2 comments:

Jen said...

FYI, we OWN DDR for Playstation. We are that cool. ;)

Looks like you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Hey sweet blog! Ed and I just recently discovered it. I got a game similiar to DDR for my birthday. I have played it for hours but I am still pretty sucky! no suprise there :) I started my own bloggy thing too, maybe after saturaday i will have something interesting written on it. I have so much to tell you.