Voting

Monday, December 12, 2011

Recovering

Today, we're on the mend.
In the past few weeks, we've experienced the stomach flu and then Round #2 of the stomach flu. Basically, this meant comforting barfy babies in the middle of the night multiple times, changing their sheets multiple times and then disinfecting myself multiple times. This also affected childcare... blech! I don't wish any of that on any of you.
I think we're better. (Fingers crossed). We're all a little extra sleepy and whiny and clingy and lacking appetite but, I haven't had to deal with any adverse bodily fluids since Friday.
On the same note, I finished Christmas baking (at my Mom's - away from my petri dish of a home). Last week, we baked all Saturday with the ladies from Trev's family. This past Saturday, we baked all Saturday with the ladies from my family. Needless to say, my freezer is FULL!
I finished stuffing gifts into the Christmas cloth bags that I made and I've decided that I'm a genius. Wrapping was uber slick! I really recommend this neat trick to all of you who feel crafty (straight-line sewing; if I can manage, so can you).
Next up on my countdown to Christmas list: elementary school Christmas concert. Eeeek! Good thing I really have nothing to do with it sauf showing up and doing crowd control. Simon's Sunday School concert is this weekend and I'm pretty pumped.
After that, I have cards to get in the mail, my contribution to 2 Christmas dinners to make, stockings to wrap and stuff and I think I'm done.
What do you have left to do on your Christmas list?

1 comment:

Miller Moments said...

I think everyone has had a taste of the flu bug going around. We thought Cohen had food poisoning as he projectile vomited for 2 hours Saturday night and then was fine the next morning. Monday night Carter got it and instead of just barfing he had it out both ends most of the night - poor guy. Hoping we are done with that as well. Good work on the present wrapping. Merry Christmas.