
I love December. I love advent and the focus on Christ's arrival into the world. I love baking with my favorite ladies (and, do we bake!). I love setting up the tree, drinking "Snowman milk", eating all the above-mentioned baking, planning for and shopping for surprises to put under the tree. I love all the get togethers with special people and late night cheer. It's been a blast introducing my kiddos to the Christmas spirit.
New to my Christmas traditions will be my first elementary school Christmas concert since 1993 (good thing the Arts Ed. teacher is in charge and not me). Also, this year will be Simon's first Sunday School concert. We're all practiced up but, I do anticipate a frozen little boy who won't know what to do at all... along with the rest of his class. I love that!
I've also concluded that we do SchoolLite in December in elementary schools. I'm not experiencing the project/paper marking marathon by Christmas tree lights that I'm used to. I do, however, have to carefully tread the landmines of grade 6 girls as I prepare Secret Santa for our class. (I am also choosing not to do any holiday themed bulletin boards because, really, do we have to?)

No comments:
Post a Comment