After the sleep deprivation woes of 2009 and early 2010, I am soooooo pleased that Simon is a fantastic night sleeper. The only time we deal with him after 8 pm is if he's teething hard and needs some Tylenol. (I'm afraid to jinx the good thing we have going with Claire if I share so, I won't...).
However, since just before Claire was born, Simon has given up regular naps. He naps 2-3 times a week. The rest of the afternoons, I plunk him in his crib and he plays in there for ~2 hours. We have a video monitor (thanks to my folks) so, I can watch what he does. He must have some wild imagination to keep himself entertained and happy for those 2 hours. I guess this is the beginning of quiet time for him. It's also some much needed Momma alone time, as long a Claire cooperates and naps too.
It's almost 4 in the afternoon. Time to "release" my boy from his solitude and wait for the Little Miss to decide she wants to eat.

No comments:
Post a Comment