While riding back to the school with the ILP (Special Needs) students after a grueling :) session of Laughter Yoga, my seat partner had a few questions about my life.
B - Miss, Miss, who looks after your baby son when you're at school with me.
Me - He has a great baby-sitter who looks after him.
B - Oh, that's good. Are you going to have another baby someday.
Me - Actually, I have a baby in my tummy right now.
B - Really?
Me - Yep. This baby's coming in November.
B - So you have a baby at home and a baby in your tummy? Two babies?
Me - Yep.
B - HOW MANY BABIES DO YOU NEED, LADY?
Me - Um...
B = That's a lot of babies. Babies are a lot of work!!!
Me - We might have 3 someday.
B - Oh dear. You better ask Jesus about that. That's a lot of babies.
It's true, Mr. B. That's a lot of babies. Thanks for the reminder!
(Mr. B. also told me that it hurts lots and lots when the hospital cuts the baby out of my tummy. I could have explained the whole childbirth process to him but... I didn't. Today, he was worried because I ate a chocolate bar at lunch. Babies are too little for chocolate so, I shouldn't have any. Sigh...)
Friday, June 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's hilarious!!
Too funny and sweet for words! Stories like that make me look forward to going back to work. :)
oh that's too funny. i agree - the things these kiddos say are why I love my job.
Post a Comment