Voting

Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Hour


Simon's sleeping. I LOVE his afternoon nap. I love how happy he is when he wakes up for it. The sun is out. Here's a list of things that make me smile.

1. Schmoo Daddy - The guy works all day, comes home to wrestle with an overly enthusiastic toddler, endures my endless nattering, then goes for a family walk, gives Simon his bath, puts him to bed and watches LOST with me (we just started Season One - we're a little behind but, I hear it's pretty good.)
2. Jogger - I quit running just before I got pregnant with Simon. That didn't stop me from buying a used Jogging stroller. It's my best friend this summer.
3. Revamping the Old - My fall class list is sweet. I'm teaching mostly all grade 9 Social which is one of my most favorite classes. I'm actually excited to dig into my pile of binders and revamp some cool assignments for the fall. (Not so cool is the one other class I've been assigned... Science 9? What the heck? Oh well... a girl can't have everything.)
4. Humidity - I love a good thunderstorm. I love basking in the heat.
5. Good Taste - I can drink coffee again without nausea. I can eat bananas again without nausea. It's summer and there's tons of summer fruit for Simon and I to chow down on. It's also BBQ season... yum!

(I love this picture because I love Simon's hat. I think it's the cutest thing in the world on his tousled head.)

No comments: