Voting

Saturday, June 19, 2010

First Aider

I spent my sunny Saturday inside. I wore a jacket and jeans to stave off the chill of air-conditioning.
I had to do my First Aid Recert.
It was okay. The instructor let us go early. I almost finished reading "The Hours" on my breaks and over lunch.
My First Aid has been refreshed. I found the AED instruction pretty interesting (well, as interesting as a sunny day trapped inside learning can allow) and I reviewed how to help a choking or non-breathing infant.
I hope I never, never, never have to put any of this knowledge into practice.

1 comment:

Jen Wilson said...

I learned how to help a choking infant when my infant was CHOKING to the point of not breathing. Thankfully, my nurse friend was over and took over.

She choked the same way again the next week, and I knew what to do.

SCARIEST THING EVER.