Voting

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Progress and a Curse


After talking to a new mommy of twins yesterday, I was reminded that newborns sure do take their time eating. Simon was no exception. We used to watch episodes of the Wire while he ate before bed. Last year, at this time, I was a Dairy Queen lounging and nursing my little man.
Today, he polishes off 2 pieces of raisin toast and a half a banana at breakfast. This kid eats more then me.

On a whole other nasty note, I've decided that I'm cursed. The other day, I woke up to a familiar tingly feeling on my lower lip... and just under my nose. Two cold sores had erupted while I slept. Blech!
During my second year of teaching in Lanigan, a well-meaning young lady came to our school to talk to the kids about abstinence. Part of her presentation was to talk about STIs. She mentioned that colds sores were a sexually transmitted disease. I think she was getting her Herpes viruses mixed up. My face turned red as the cold sore on my lip became a beacon for all my grade 9s to stare at. I also noticed a very shy and quiet grade 9 girl slouch down in her seat to hide the cold sore eruption on her nose. Needless to say, I corrected her and we moved on but, really... how uncool was that.

No comments: